Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Font Ideas

 Using the website "DaFont", I looked for an appropriate font to use in our title scene. I did this whilst Niamh was in an exam as it was important and could be done alone, rather than as a team. I found five different fonts, all in calligraphy styled writing. I think calligraphy would be most appropriate for our film intro because it is based around a girl writing her diary, so the idea of handwriting ties in with the fact that she is handwriting her diary. My personal favourite of the fonts was the "Birds of Paradise" font, as I liked the way it looked more than any of the others.

The font is similar to that used in "Mildred Pierce" a 1945 Film Noir. I used this films title as my inspiration as it looked very similar to the way I'd like my film to look.

By researching the fonts for a while, I learnt what style of font looks good and would fit in nicely with our film. I also discovered a good website to use at a future date in case I ever need a new font again.





No comments:

Post a Comment